Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tracing an image of Reality


Floating just over the glistening ocean
Beyond the crashing waves and between the sunset
Aiming for the horizon that never comes
I begin to breathe in inspiration.
Turbines of thought churn the words into life
Sealing them together in context
Seasoning them with a little wistful smile.
I’m encumbered by the need to assemble my thoughts
Bringing reality to life
Reality likes being obscure, unattainable and inexpressible.
I surge forward determined
Slicing through the chill waters
Warming up to the reality
Chopping the distance in half
Melting into the currents
The horizon tip toes further away
But I touch it briefly before it does
I have won it. It is mine.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.