Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dipped in Sapphire

I closed my eyes for a moment
And was suddenly transformed.
With a flourish of fabric,
The swish of a hand,
We travelled in time
To a world of sapphire.
Sapphire blue oceans,
Sapphire blue skies
With silver stars in millions,
Sapphire blue orchids,
Sapphire blue irises,
In the fields
And in your eyes.

Just as it took my breath away
I gulped in the clear, fragrant air
When I closed my eyes
To memorise it all,
I heard another swish and clink.
There you were
Piercing sapphire eyes
Filled with mischief,
And in your palm
A sapphire stone.
A stone so blue
So perfect
So luminous
So delicately placed
Amidst a pale titanium swirl
The depth so alluring.

Those beautiful palms
Nestling that sapphire
Wind around my neck
And as the clasp clicks
The sapphire, my sapphire,
Nestles seductively on my breast,
To complete the most perfect,
Sapphire Paradise that ever existed.

I luxuriate in the paradise,
Willing to stay forever
And yet
When I blink again,
That sapphire blue dream
Shatters into a million shards
Of unrecognisable dust.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.