Monday, January 25, 2016

The Canvas

I tack up each mistake of mine
On the canvas of my life
They make little holes
And scar the image
Reminding me to tread light.

One by one I pull them out
Sew up the wounds they caused
Day by day they begin to heal
And make me stand up tall.

The living canvas flows on
I tack up more mistakes
Each teach me something more
Once again I sew them up
Much stronger than before.

The thing I hope to learn from this
Is to tack fewer down the line
Learn those lessons better yet
Tread lighter and surer in life
To  eliminate them over time

Each person, each time I skipped a step
Tripped me up, unsettled my mind
These tacks make me stay in line
Brace myself and open my eyes
So that each tack saves my life

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.