Monday, November 7, 2016

Boundaries

Standing in a crowd,
I know the boundaries
Of my body
Just as I know the dimensions of my car.
In traffic,
If you're in a fender-bender
You yell
And scream
And threaten to call the cops
Nobody hits your car or bike.
NOBODY!
If you do,
You're a woman driver. *snigger*
But in a crowd
It's OK.
You step on toes,
Elbow chests,
"Accidentally" fall on people
Surprisingly
More often than not
On women.
"Oops! Sorry!"
*snigger*
You're a man
Who doesn't know
The boundaries
Of your own body.
What a car crash you'd be!
Maybe I should yell
Maybe I should swear
Maybe I should
Hit your "bonnet" in anger.
Maybe *I*
Should call the cops.
Occasionally
I'm in a fender-bender
And I apologise profusely
In heavy traffic
With blind spots
And lack of indicators
It happens.
Maybe *You*
Need a hazard sign
Coz you're
A walking car crash.
And I intend to
Treat you
Like
A
Walking car crash.
*snigger*

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.