Monday, November 7, 2016

Petty robbery

You stole from me
You stole a gift
When I was drunk
And vulnerable
You stole it
A gift given to me by a child

Then you promised
you'd give it to me
In two days
But you're unreliable
And apparently don't know
that an apology
Is humane.

You stole my gift
Then laughed about it
You stole my gift
And were not guilty
You make no time
To do the right thing
You stole my gift
And expect a smile

You stole a child's enthusiasm
A child's excitement for music
To further your own
You didn't think
To apologise to her
Because you don't know the words.
You stole from a child
And you stole from me

You're not who I thought at all
You're a thief.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.