Monday, November 7, 2016

Introspection

I've been told
I deserve someone
Who is crazy about me
Someone
with all-consuming love
The kind that
Turns my world
And treats me like
I'm made of the finest diamond

I've been told
That my aura
Is infectious
That I glow gold
That I deserve movie-love
And sweet nothings
And rainbows
And sunshine
I've been told

I think you deserve
Someone who gets you
Who knows your soul
Who knows your past
But doesn't let it seep
into your future

I think you deserve
Someone who makes you feel
Like a rockstar
Someone who can kick your ass
When you get too full of yourself
And then kiss it all away.

I think you and I deserve
To see the truth
About who we are.
Whether together or apart
We need to open our eyes
And look in the mirror
And see ourselves

What do you think?

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.