Monday, November 7, 2016

You were a mistake

I opened my heart
And let you in
I put my soul on display.
I smiled so wide
That my eyes crinkled
And my eyeliner
smudged on my lids.
I longed to hear your voice
Or see your face
Those days that I did
I beamed.
I sang songs to you
And wrote you poetry
I said it all so loud.

I didn't see the colours
Coz I was blinded
By your infectious laugh
And what I thought
I saw in you.
But the colours did show
And the darkness
Percolated around
And suddenly I knew.

You're wrong for me
You're totally wrong
How could I not have seen?
You have some growing up to do
And I need a grown up being.

But when I'll open up
My heart again
And when I'll bare my soul
I don't have the faintest idea yet
Or when I'll feel for someone
The way I felt
I really don't know.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Poet's Marathon by Shivangi Vyasulu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://shivispoetry.blogspot.in/.